We are in the middle of an economic downturn, many countries in the Western world are either in recession or heading that way, stock markets posted massive losses for 2008, so what about in 2009, is it worth investing your hard earned money on stocks and shares?
Everyone keeps telling me that 2009 will be tough, it may well be but all of this negativity, doom and gloom can not be helping the situation. Just reading a famous blog on the BBC by one of their business editors continues on the same theme. The man in question has probably never smiled in his life. Yes 2009 will see an increase in unemployment and the average cost a house is likely to fall again but the only way out of this is if the people who have the power, such as this business editor, start talking a bit more positively. Confidence is the key as when this returns we could well see the first chinks of light etc.
As for the stock markets I believe that the FTSE will rise around ten percent in 2009. Yes I think it will rise! Do you think I am crazy? Quite possibly I am. This in a way continues the positive theme from above but I am also putting money where my mouth is as I personally invest a monthly premium into a Stocks and Shares ISA. I am no expert in these matters but believe that the markets have been oversold.
The funds that I invest in are not just UK based, I am also taking a bit of a gamble with the Russian stock market, which is very low today compared to where it was last year, and the Japanese stock market. I guess that you could say that I have a rather risky attitude to risk. I am basically happy to invest over the long term and by investing on a monthly basis am able to reap the benefits of pound cost averaging.
Wish me luck with my big stock market adventure; I am attempting to secure my children’s financial future!
Steve Hill is a webmaster from Birmingham, he has interests in a number of websites including:
stuttering
DVD authoring
stuttering therapy
Article Source: http://www.articledashboard.com/Article/How-Will-The-UK-Stock-Market-Perform-In-2009?/705802
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment